The Freedom of Information Act was brought into force as a further step towards open government, requiring public bodies to provide information on any subject. The public bodies can, however, use a number of exemptions under the Act to avoid providing the requested information. It has proven difficult for public bodies to comply with and for individuals to understand how to best make successful applications.
Freedom of Information matters which we can assist you with may include:
- Freedom of Information Act Training
- Interaction between Freedom of Information Act and other privacy legislation
- Compliant publication schemes
- Protecting private sector information when working with public authorities
- Application of Freedom of Information Act exemptions
- Information access mechanisms
- Developing procedures for handling information requests and response audit trails
For more information about our experience in these areas of law, please see
the Our Experience page.
Otherwise, please Contact Us to discuss your legal
or consultancy requirements in more detail.