A one-day introductory course, covering the basics of compliance with the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.
The course includes coverage of the following topics:
- Key data protection terms.
- The data protection principles.
- Accountability: proving your compliance.
- Lawful bases for the use of regular and special category personal data.
- Privacy notices.
We also provide a brief introduction to:
- Handling data subject access requests (DSARs) and other individual rights requests.
- Data and cybersecurity awareness.
- Sharing data lawfully with controllers, joint controllers and processors.
- Ensuring compliant outsourcing.
- Carrying out data protection impact assessments (DPIAs).
- International data transfers.
- Sanctions for non-compliance.
Friday 24 November 2023
Thursday 11 January 2024
Tuesday 5 March 2024
Monday 13 May 2024
Wednesday 11 September 2024
Friday 22 November 2024
Monday 13 January 2025
Course timings: 9:30am to 2:30pm (includes a 30-minute lunch break)
Course tutor(s): Stephanie Pritchett/Ben Wootton
Course fee: £400 + VAT per person
If you can’t see what you need, or you can’t make the dates shown, please get in touch. We add sessions regularly, so check back another time, or contact us to find out what’s coming up.
Terms and conditions for our courses are available here.