A one-day introductory course, covering the basics of compliance with the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.
The course includes coverage of the following topics:
- Key data protection terms.
- The data protection principles.
- Accountability: proving your compliance.
- Lawful bases for the use of regular and special category personal data.
- Privacy notices.
We also provide a brief introduction to:
- Handling data subject access requests ( DSARs ) and other individual rights requests.
- Data and cybersecurity awareness.
- Sharing data lawfully with controllers, joint controllers and processors.
- Ensuring compliant outsourcing.
- Carrying out data protection impact assessments ( DPIAs ).
- International data transfers.
- Sanctions for non-compliance.
Tuesday 7 March 2023
Monday 8 May 2023
Monday 10 July 2023
Wednesday 13 September 2023
Friday 24 November 2023
Thursday 11 January 2024
Course timings: 9:30am to 2:30pm (includes a 30-minute lunch break)
Course tutor(s): Stephanie Pritchett/Ben Wootton
Course fee: £400 + VAT per person
If you can’t see what you need, or you can’t make the dates shown, please get in touch . We add sessions regularly, so check back another time, or contact us to find out what’s coming up.
Terms and conditions for our courses are available here.